THE BOOK of 25 – CHAPTER 3 STORY 3
All I do, is I lie here, day in and day out, night in and night out. I know there is something I must do but I am so small and helpless in this time of my life. I dream of light in this dark. I smell the most (1) incredible smells, perfume from the flowers, the damp of wood and the smell of rising sap. This intoxicates me and mixed with the funk from the animals, I am twitching in anticipation; something BIG is going to happen.
I can see the birds looking for me, alas and alack, I am an entrée in the bug world. Hey, finally some movement, I am itching all over, wait one darn minute I have these teeny tiny, really tiny feet and legs. What am I supposed to do, ahh, Crawl .. Move up and Down .. I get it. Is that a Leaf, I see before me, oh leaf, I have to eat you, and it is my duty, my right, my privilege… oh you are so scrumptious! I have to eat everything in sight.. It seems I can’t stop eating. Crawl and Crawl, Chew and chew and chew. Burp! Ah Good, I feel so sleepy.. So sleep I must..
I sleep. I dream of flight, of wings so light. Of floating on a breeze, a clouds delight.. I am in flight.
Wait, I am in flight, it is not a dream, I am real, REAL .. A thing of rare beauty, a flower without a stem, floating on air.
I am a Butterfly!
The Stages of a Butterfly are- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Butterfly
- Helpless (h lp l s) Unable to help oneself; powerless or incompetent.
- Incredible ( n-kr d -b l) So implausible as to elicit disbelief.
- Perfume (p r-fy m ) A substance that emits and diffuses a fragrant odour
- Alas ( -l s ) Used to express sorrow, regret, grief, compassion, or apprehension of danger or evil.
- Alack ( -l k ) Used to express sorrow, regret, or alarm
- Entrée ( n tr ) A dish (food) served in formal dining immediately before the main course or between two principal courses
- Scrumptious (skr mp sh s) Splendid; delectable, delicious.