THE BOOK OF 25 – CHAPTER 7
In the Jungle, the mighty jungle, Kong was hunting for his favourite Banana. This was no ordinary Banana it came from the famed King Banana Tree. So many of his tribe had devoured the fruit and now he had to go on a long hunt, sometimes for two whole days. The thought that sustained him through these hunts was the prize of the King Banana. The Fruit was so large, 6cm long and sweet as honey can be.
Kong sniffed the air. He could smell the fruit, saliva dripped from his massive jaws. He started to run and sniffed again, “What is that strange smell?” he said. He climbed a tree for a better look. He saw people; well he did not know they were people, exactly but strange animals that were people. They were eating his KING BANANAS.
Rage filled him and he leapt from the tree and ran towards the people. Growling and snarling. The smell of the bananas was overwhelming. Suddenly, Kong was in a big net. He was trapped, He yelled a majestic Roar which echoed across the Mountain tops.
ROAR ROAR ROAR
Kong, “You would think after 3 movies that they would have had enough of me? Well apparently not, Me and my King Bananas are so D’lish. (Delicious) The Director yelled CUT. That’s a wrap on Kong!
Konglish is a hybrid language of English and Korean. An important step in English as a second language. Kong D’lish is an amuse bouche to keep you reading and stimulate your imagination. King Kong is an iconic movie about a really big Ape that must have eaten a lot of Bananas.
- Sustained (s -st n ) To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for
- Devoured (d -vour ) To eat up greedily.
- Saliva (s -l v ) The watery mixture of secretions from the salivary and oral mucous glands
- Growling (groul) The low, guttural, menacing sound made by an animal
- Amuse Bouche. def: \a-‘myuz bush\ [Fr. amuse the mouth] a small bite before the meal begins
- Stimulate (st m y -l t ) To rouse to activity or heightened action, as by spurring or goading; excite
- Iconic ( -k n k) icon ( k n )An image; a representation, An important and enduring symbol